Monday, August 16, 2010

What I Do When I Go Home

After almost two months of not going back to Batangas, I finally had the chance to go home and not worry about any exams for the following. So what do I do when I go home?

1. Check the local thrift stores. I like going to the local thrift stores (read: ukay-ukay) in Batangas because the pretty dresses and cute tops are the ones left for the end of the month. People from my province, from my observation, prefer buying jeans and comfortable t-shirts while the weird ones (which I absolutely like!) are left there, waiting for me to buy them. I managed to buy 2 dresses and an asymmetrical top all for 100 pesos! Where can you buy three outfits for only 100 pesos! Hahaha. It was a good and thrifty weekend.

2. Go to the local SM. Even if I go to malls around Manila, I still cannot leave Batangas without dropping by SM. I like bargain shopping, as you've read above, and SM department store is actually more of a treasure chest now compared to thrift stores. The clothes and the accessories are really getting better while their prices remain very affordable. I've visited a number of SM department stores already, and SM Cubao and SM Megamall have the nicest department stores, complete with pretty Parisian Jr. flats and random clothing brands for girls.

3. Check out our fridge. Who doesn't like the idea that when you open your refrigerator you see so many things you wouldn't expect to see? So last Friday night, I opened our upstairs fridge and saw different colored boxes of chocolates. I saw a cute little blue box, and guess what I saw inside? Royce Chocolates! It was a really good way of ending a bad and hellish week. But the evidences of my hell week last week are still here - stupid pimpleeeees! What can I do about them? :(

No comments: