Saturday, November 20, 2010

Waste Management

Friday was no holiday for me. My thesismates and I decided to grab the chance to go to the different schools to conduct interviews with the program directors of the wast management program. I would say it has been a very productive Friday as we were able to cover two schools in one day, UST and Miriam College.

Materials Recovery Facility of MC

MC's very organized waste disposal scheme

Pat on her very first motorized pedicab ride

Pile of garbage

UST's garbage bins

Obviously very inefficient :(

I did not foresee that we'll be going to the dump sites of the school as part of our thesis. Garbage bins, yes, but not the place where the maintenance crew would pile all the school waste. Nonetheless, it was actually pretty exciting to see how our thesis is finally taking shape. From 3 out of the 5 schools that we were supposed to interview, we can already see the big differences in terms of planning, execution/implementation and effects of the waste segregation program to the schools. I can't wait for the FGD's that we'll be having sometime in late November and December.

For other news, my Christmas tree is already up! I designed this one during one of our visits to National Children's Hospital earlier this week. Like it? :)


***

That was a very boring post, wasn't it? I feel bad that I've been turning this blog into a photo blog instead of a place where I write down my uncensored thoughts. Maybe it was the camera that somehow lured me into posting lots of pictures and less text. Whatever was the reason why I am writing less and letting the pictures speak for me, I figure it's not the best way to convey my message, especially because my pictures are not the best ones you can see in the web. So, I've decided maybe I should write more and upload less pictures and only pictures of sensible and worth-seeing. Here's to hoping for more word vomit in the succeeding posts!

No comments: