Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sisters' Night Out

In celebration of today's holiday, I called up my sister from UST and told her to stay over at my place so we can eat out and have some sisterly fun. But since I got out of school a bit late and because there was a transport strike going on in the major roads around the city, I decided to take her somewhere more quiet and less crowded. I couldn't think of a nicer place than Maginhawa St. and last night's choice was Gayuma ni Maria.

Meet my sister! :)

Very cute tablecloth design

Rock My Baby: Pork Barbecue Ribs with Mashed Potato

I've always been a fan of the ribs and mashed potato combo. I was happy to see that this item on the menu is finally available. When I saw my food, I was quite surprised to see the weird redness of the sauce. Maybe it was the warm white light that made it look red, but the picture does not lie. It was really red, like wine red? But the taste was not even close to tasting like wine sauce, but more of hot sauce. I like hot sauce but this one doesn't look very appetizing for me, especially because the hot sauce overpowered the barbecue sauce. The mashed potato was however very delightful.

Beef Pot Pie

Sister got this beef pot pie which turned to be extremely oily. She didn't even get to finish this meal. :(

After dinner, we decided to check out the new spa named Silong Spa beside Gayuma. From the outside, it looked like an old Filipino house decorated with Christmas lanterns, but when we entered, the place looked so much bigger. The interiors were very cozy and clean. We checked out the rates and the prices for the services actually seem very reasonable.



Lobby and Waiting Area

We both got the swedish massage with tea tree oil and lavender oil. We were the only customers during that time so the receptionist offered us to take the VIP room with no extra charge. Although they didn't have a sauna room, I was pleased that they provided a shower room for people like me who aren't very comfortable with having a massage without taking a shower beforehand.

After the massage, we were given Silong juice aka Calamansi juice. I'm not complaining though because the one-hour massage for only P300 seemed worth it. I'll probably go back here to try out the other services.

No comments: