Thursday, March 31, 2011

DIY Cupcakes

In one of the long weekends that I've been home, we decided to go to Town to do some window shopping. Before going home, my mom and I passed by Marta's Cakes to buy some brownies and cookies to take home with us. My little sister spotted this plastic container in one of the display cases. There were two plain cupcakes and 4 different-colored icings plus some sprinkles and marshmallows. My little sister, being the kid that she is, asked my mom to buy the DIY Cupcake kit for her.

The day after, my sister and I designed our own cupcakes and voila!


I realized, designing cupcakes with the provided icing was not the easiest thing to do. Normally, people would say it's so easy to make those cute squiggles on top of the cupcake, but in reality, it sure wasn't that easy. But I think we did okay for first-timers.

I love how having a sister gets me these perks once in a while, it does have its benefits once in a while. I love chaperoning my sister to her different activities even if it may sound like I'm becoming her own yaya. It's nice to have an excuse to design cupcakes, or go one kiddie rides, or even play in inflatable castles.

No comments: