Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Asian Lunch at Dapitan Street

I went over to Dapitan to have lunch with my sister since she told me she’d treat me lunch at a new Thai restaurant found along Dapitan Street. We have developed a love for Thai dishes and milk tea after our quality time spent in Bangkok. Since that trip, we’ve been looking for the orange-y milk tea we bought from the streets of Bangkok and we thought we’d find it here in Dapitan.

I realized the Thai restaurant she was talking about was S. R. Thai! I love S. R. Thai! Seriously, I love it. They used to have a branch just in front of ALCAL Building and I’d eat there whenever I can. When they moved out of ALCAL, S. R. Thai moved somewhere near Shakey’s  Katipunan, but they soon closed down and was nowhere to be found. Until that fateful lunch date with my sister!

We ordered Thai iced tea which was really milk tea. It’s okay, but I’ve tasted better-tasting milk teas and this was quite on the expensive side.


Because my sister and I were both on the pescetarian diet, we opted for seafood fried rice and crabmeat fried rice instead. Both tasted okay, but I’d stick to seafood more than crabmeat. It can be a little more spicy though. I always look for that kick in Thai dishes since they have their special kind of spicy to my tongue.


Crabmeat Fried Rice

Seafood Fried Rice

We also got a side order of Pad Thai. Thankfully, this one was quite spicy, no need to add chili oil and chili flakes. 


After lunch, we went to another restaurant called Hanayo to buy ice cream. I’ve been craving for a particular Korean ice cream for so long and was happy to see it here. Have you tasted that kind of ice cream that’s wrapped inside a mochi ball? It’s super good! I love both ice cream and mochi and this Korean ice cream really got the combination right.

 

No comments: