Sunday, March 06, 2011

Marching

(click the photo to see the lovely moving patterns)

Some things that have been keeping me busy for the past few weeks of March:

Clearance and final grades. During the first official week of vacation, I had to do clearance which involves going to all these offices just to get a freaking signature that I have to wait for for quite some time. So while I was in line, waiting for the office window to open, I thought to myself that this situation can actually be poeticized. Maybe, just maybe, the reason why the school requires us to go to these offices to get signatures but also to have an instant stroll down memory lane slash college tour of places we’ve been to or never been to in the four years of college. I kind of felt nostalgic when I went inside the library and the guidance office; you see, these are the places that somehow clarified things in my life and accepted all the adolescent tears I had to shed. The cycle would have gone full circle if we had to get signatures from the college chapel too.

Pino dinners and after-dinners. My Kythe friends and I found a new home in Pino. I’ve always been a fan of this restaurant along Malingap Street, but I never stayed here for drinks. When I introduced Pino to my orgmates, they were more excited about the flavored beers and cheap beers than about their flavorful dishes. As much as I enjoy the watermelon and honeymansi beers, Pipino and Pino dishes are more loved by me. Everyone must try their Vegetable Kare-Kare and Cheesy Tofu Balls!

Packing everything in garbage bags. Yes, after four years of staying in ALCAL, I’m finally moving out. I have no idea how I’ll take all those shoes and books home, but I’m starting to pack my things and hopefully, to find a new home somewhere near Ortigas Avenue or Sta. Mesa perhaps? I still don’t know where I’ll study on June, but the decision is a tough one.

For remembrance. I’ve been carrying my digital camera around and taking photos of things that will forever remind me of college. Why haven’t I thought about this before? I can’t tell how much I’ll miss Ateneo. It feels like every day that I’m here in Batangas, the more I’m losing touch with my friends from Ateneo. :( I mean, I love being with my family and my warm bed, but how can I maintain a healthy relationship with my college friends while I’m here? Hmmm.

Graduation.  It's official, I'm graduating on the last week of March. The grades are out and my graduation dress is ready! Hopefully, I'll be graduating in flying colors. :)

I'll be away for the next week to make way for the Kythe trip to Naga! I can't wait to see other Kythers from Ateneo de Naga and share some thoughts to them. But what I'm more excited about is seeing the Kythe kids from Naga too. Meanwhile, lemme leave you with a trailer of a movie I'd love to see this coming April. Is it wrong to say that I found myself identifying with Natalie Portman, but of course, minus the sex? *gasp*

No comments: