Saturday, December 16, 2006

what i want for christmas

morality tells us it is better to give than to receive, but humans as we are, we can't resist that feeling of excitement whenever we receive something that it makes us (or me) to jump for joy when i get lovely presents. call me selfish but receiving gifts really lighten me up. better to receive than to give. haha.

this is probably the first christmas party that i received lots of gifts from my friends and from others. i had a lot to take home but nothing to open on christmas eve. i've gotten too excited that i opened all my gifts already. thank you to all those who remembered me and thank you for your wonderful gifts. i really appreciate all of them. you have granted my wishes for christmas and i couldn't thank you enough.

################

finally, after 21 cups of coffee and frappucino, i got my Starbucks planner! wee. total bliss. thanks to my starbucks addict father, i managed to get all 21 stickers. and now that i have my new and so fab planner, i am dying to write on it already. i also got a free starbucks pen. yahoo. plus i even had the chance to donate to SparkHope. thanks dad for giving me what i wanted for christmas. this is way better than my impossible dream for a laptop.

i admit, i am materialistic, but i do believe all of us are. somewhere in our hearts, we are craving to have that something. it may not be as deep as true love or peace or whatever, but these material things which are truly worthless give us this feeling of pleasure and satisfaction even for a moment. they are the sparks of hope that lighten our burden over failing to achieve our deeper wishes.

No comments: