Tuesday, April 19, 2011

S'mores for Smurf

Today my little assistant and I played around our kitchen and experimented on a very easy recipe that I’ve seen from one of my friends – s’mores! Doesn’t seem much, does it? Well, as I’ve mentioned a number of times in this blog, I’m not really the cooking type. I’m more of the taste tester type, which is proven by my eager desire to taste a lot of food, especially desserts, that I see or smell. But not today.

I bought our ingredients from the supermarket: big and fluffy white marshmallows, Graham crackers, leftover Nutella from the house and local peanut butter. Okay, this is really really easy. My ten(?) year old sister could have done it on her own, that kind of easy.

So first, line up your graham crackers which have already been broken into three pieces per cracker.


Next, slice your marshmallow in half. I didn’t do this the first time because I was very greedy about my marshmallows. Lesson learned. One marshmallow is too big for one Graham sandwich, so it’s necessary to slice one in half.

As mentioned, sandwich the halved marshmallow in between two Graham crackers. You can choose to add peanut butter or chocolate or whatever spread you have in mind.


Final step, put your pre-made sandwiches inside the microwave. Heat it for about 10-15 seconds, or until you see the marshmallows puffing out. This is pretty obvious since the marshmallows get really big, and when they do, you’ll know it’s time to put them out of the microwave.


And just to have that extra s’more feeling, press the two crackers together so some of the melted marshmallow oozes out.


These s’mores are best eaten while hot, otherwise, they’re just two Graham crackers sandwiching a marshmallow with some peanut butter in between. Happy eating!

No comments: