Monday, April 25, 2011

Jellies at Manila Ocean Park

I’m not the best person to talk about animals or insects. Aside from my lack of interest in watching Animal Planet or other animal-related shows, I’m not very comfortable touching animals or being very near them at the very least.


A trip to Manila Ocean Park somehow changed my views on these creatures and how I should be more caring about animals. With the whole family, we bought tickets to the sea lion show, Oceanarium, Jellies, and fish spa – all for 600 pesos! If only Ocean Park wasn’t too crowded on that day, it would have been a really good day.

 
 

Well actually, it was a really good day thanks to my new babies – Jellies! Yes, jellyfishes a.k.a. the dancing fairies! This was our last stop before heading home, and there weren’t even a lot of people coming in. But lo and behold, about six different tanks of jellyfish swimming, gliding, prancing, danciiing! I swear, it was such a beautiful sight. What made it even more amazing were the changing lights that seemed to be in sync with the movement of the jellyfish and the background music.

We were there for about 15 minutes, just watching the jellyfish move in the water and just as we were about to exit, bam!

 
  

About 10 more tanks (I think there were 10, or maybe those were just reflections) of jellyfish swimming as the lights change in color. It was so beautifuuuul! I’d love to go back to Manila Ocean Park again just to see the jellyfish and to be in awe.

 

No comments: