Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kung Fu Panda Sunday

Two Sundays ago, I went to SM Megamall with my younger sister to have some quality time and to score some stuff from the mall. Sadly, we didn’t have much money to spend, so instead of spending what was left from our weekly allowance, we decided to fill our hungry tummies instead.

As mentioned, the lack of financial resources forced us to walk around the mall food court to look for food. I was happy they had Taho Boy, the same one from Greenhills Promenade. I wasn’t able to take a photo of it, but I assure you it’s really good. After some taho, we found this little stall called Chef Chow’s Shabu-Shabu Xpress. They were selling hot pot food and soup!!! How cool is that? My sister had no choice, my decision was final, we were getting this one.

 Chef Chow's Shabu Shabu Express

 Crabsticks! Not the most adventurous choice I must say.

My Kung Fu Panda bowl (although they look more like albino rats)

So I ordered one order of crabsticks with noodles and soup and another order of Kung Fu Panda with noodles and soup too. I’m guessing the Kung Fu Panda was made of fish balls and some rice cakes. I asked for chili oil which made the soup really yummy. Each cup/bowl costs around 40 pesos, so that’s a pretty good deal for me. My sister, on the other hand, was not quite satisfied so she bought Korean/Japanese pancakes before going home. These pancakes had dulce de leche and chocolate fillings which I didn’t enjoy at all.

Corn-shaped pancakes


I’ll really miss these Sunday bonding times with my sister or with myself. I’m afraid medical school can’t even give me the free time that I need once a week. So while I’m still here and have a lot of time to waste, I’m planning to waste it in the best way possible. Looking forward to an eventful and adventurous month of March ahead!

No comments: