Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On Romantic Dinners in the Future

There are two ways to spend your Valentine’s Day: to really enjoy it or to wish it ends already. I’ve had my share of both today, but I’d like to think I’ve done more of the former than the latter.

It’s not really my favorite holiday of the year, but it's not the worst either. I’d rather have Christmas twice a year than have Valentine’s and I say this not because I’m bitter over something. I just think everyone can have this much love if it was Christmas, since everyone has the equal chance of getting gifts. Anyway, speaking of gifts, today I got flowers.

 Doot-in-doo-doo

Where did you come from, little darling?

I have never received real flowers in college, except for origami ones (which remain very dear to me, hence I’ve kept them). It was nice to feel special or even liked, but sometimes, it’s hard to accept something when you’re not sure of how you’re supposed to feel for these things or for these individuals. Nonetheless, thank you. And to whoever you are who have given me this lone rose, thank you more. Aside from not receiving real flowers for so long, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a rose from an anonymous person. So thank you for this lovely gesture. Here's to hoping they did not come from the same person.

I have to admit, I’m never good at situations when I’m caught off guard. But then again, who is? I think, as much as the person who gave these things should matter, what matters more for me is the act of giving itself. Cut off the head (hihi sorry) of the gift giver and I think I will have the same feelings – surprised, shaky, and flattered. Eck, I’m such a girl.

So to drive away the weirdness that was Valentine's day, I had a lovely dinner with J. We settled for Maginhawa, thinking it probably would have enough room for single ladies like us since couples would go for a more classy and romantic venues. Well, I guess we were a bit wrong on that couples going for the better stuff. Cocina Juan was reserved for couples, but good thing we managed to get a table outside.

My Valentine for this year :)

Complimentary red-colored nachos 

 Baked Fish con Mozzarella

 Tuna Pita Pizza

Complimentary dessert

They serve good fish; I had some baked fish con mozzarella. It’s basically cream dory topped with cheese, then baked to a certain degree of goodness. We were also served some complimentary nachos and dessert, only because it was Valentine’s. It was good catching up with long-time friends and to look back on the things we’ve done before but only laughed at now. We’re a bunch of crazy people, I must say.

Ended the night with some milk tea from Moonleaf Tea, a new tea shop found somewhere along Maginhawa, near I Heart Froyo. I like their Oolong milk tea -- just the right taste of oolong tea, but they can probably work on their milk. I saw bits of undissolved milk powder in my drink. :)

When I got home, I opened my mail and saw this.

Kythe boys greeting the Kythe girls a happy Valentine's day 

Thank God for thoughtful little boys in my life. Hahaha. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

I just have to add this, because reading J's post made me cry a little. Hihi. Yes, I would also like to have a fancy dinner with a fancy man clad in a fancy suit that matches my fancy dress and shoes. That will be nice. But this is something that I'm wishing to come true, not tomorrow, not in the next few months, but probably, in a few more years or so. And I'd like to have some wine with that dinner too.

No comments: