Saturday, October 16, 2010

Busy Friday

Yesterday had been very busy for me. My day started at 7AM with me preparing for a meeting I was supposed to have at 10 in Megamall. I knew that area would be very traffic, so I decided to leave earlier, around 930 supposedly. But while waiting for time to pass, I saw this lovely picture.


Megamall opens at 930! So I packed my stuff and headed out as soon as I can. I got there around 940, which gives me around 20 minutes to look for clothes. Buti na lang there weren't a lot of early birds, so I was able to pay for my clothes without having to worry about the long lines.

After my meeting, I thought I could come back for some of the clothes I spotted earlier, but holy guacamole, sobrang haba na ng line! Forever21 even had bouncers managing the people paying for their clothes and those who were just looking around. It's crazy! But then again, I can't blame them. For a dress that initially costs P1500 and then marked down to less than P300, who wouldn't mind to wait in line for more than an hour to buy that dress?

So the day continues with two more meetings followed by a trip to Greenhills to buy the number one item on my list of things to buy.



My very own external HD! Yay! After buying the hard drive, Z and I passed by Ortigas Area, and lo and behold, it was Banchetto night! We decided to check it out, despite the crazy crowd. Walking along the very narrow street is hard enough, being covered by the smoke coming from the grill was another thing. But that didn't stop us from trying out the food. For appetizer, we bought squid balls, kwek kwek and chili cheese sticks. These were okay, but the chili on the cheese sticks were a bit disappointing. For the main course, we bough Angus beef kebab. Yes, real Angus beef sold for a mere P55/stick! This is definitely something we'll be going back for in the future. Sarap! And for dessert, we got those 3 for 100 desserts plus strawberry shortcake. I wanted to try the huge burgers, with patties as big as a normal dining plate! :O But I figured it would take very long, so next time na lang.

What is left of the 3 for 100 sweets we bought. This is actually good, very moist.

This is one of the few things that I miss when I'm here, long and eventful Friday nights and food escapades. Next sem better be full of adventures!

No comments: