Friday, December 14, 2007

under the stars

15 is tonight's magic digits. under the stars, lying on a thin manila paper while being slowly eaten by mosquitoes, i saw 15 shooting stars. 15 white streaks of light flashed before me. after lying down on the itchy grass of SoM field, everything fell into place when the stars started to appear. the coldness or the company or the time or the homework no longer mattered, it was only the stars and my list of wishes that mattered tonight.


they said that to reveal one's wish would ruin the whole idea of the wish. i don't want to risk this thought by blurting out my wishes. i only had two wishes for tonight, one for myself and another one for the short film i saw today. both wishes seemed far off and nearly impossible. however, the former makes me smile whenever i say it in my mind while the latter depresses me even more. i asked for a sign after the 14th star that if another one comes, a nearly perfect shooting star, both wishes will come true. and subtly, the 15th appeared before my eyes only. i was relieved. i am counting on to that sign that my wishes would be fulfilled because it would be too painful for both wishes not to come true.


it was my first experience. i once envied my friend for seeing six shooting stars, but God heard me and gave me 15 stars for 15 wishes. to have 15 different wishes is too selfish. i chose to have only two strong wishes, that way, more chances for them to come true. (labo)


the coffee i had before going home is slowly sinking in, drowning all my energy. i am more than ready to sleep. but before i close my eyes, thank you kenji for the company. it felt like it was not to have a boyfriend as long as someone like you is always there to be a friend. awww. huuug.

No comments: