Sunday, January 14, 2007

the final chapter

Tomorrow, I will be opening the last chapter of my high school life. I never thought that I would arrive at this point that fast. Reality struck me last night while I was fixing my school stuff when I realized 4th quarter na. A part of is elated that the entire burden high school gave me will soon be finished, but a larger part of me says I don’t want to leave yet. I don’t want to give up the things I love to do in high school. I don’t want to regret things I should have done while I’m still here. I don’t want to leave all my friends. I don’t want to let go of the experiences I gained during high school. But I know, sooner or later, I will have let them all go. I cannot leave myself behind and not experience the tougher world of college. I have to be strong if I want to survive.

I promise myself, for this last quarter of my senior year, I will do my best to do everything I haven’t done before and to strive really hard to get really good grades. This is my last shot to give what I have. No more taking back’s. No more doubts. I have to give my best. I will make myself for the things I have done and will always look back to. *i dont want to promise anything anymore. im being lazy.

High school taught me how to be strong and how to be just myself. I have learned to express my inner being without thinking of what others might think. I have bloomed for four years and I am ready to step outside for bigger challenges and bigger aspirations.

Henry David Thoreau once wrote, "Live each season as it passes, breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each."

High school will forever remain in our hearts. No matter how many years may pass, we will always look back to the moments when we have been nothing but ourselves.

No comments: