Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Of Pokemons

I was looking through my laptop for some files I needed, and I saw this.


Obviously something done by a bored little girl who infested my laptop while I was taking a bath on one day during Christmas break. That's Eevee and Pikachu, and when you combine both of them, you have an Eevee-Pikachu sprite! Let's name this little guy Pivee or Eevichu.
You see, I was also a huge fan of Pokemons before. I used to play the actual game in our old GBA and GBSD. Aside from Pokemon blue red, and yellow (was there really a yellow one?), I also played the GBA version of the trading card game. My cousin bought the actual trading cards, complete with the playing mat and we’d play every afternoon after school. I wanted a Pokedex (picture shown above) so badly before that every time we’d go to Toy Town, I’ll go directly to the Pokemon section and look through the Pokedex box. My mom just didn’t get the idea of buying a Pokedex, so she bought me a stuffed toy Pikachu instead. I loved it anyway.

It’s just funny now how my sister is obsessed with the same thing and would do the same thing I did 10 or 12 years ago. But instead of just looking at the box, my mom would actually buy her all those Pokemon toys she wanted. It’s just sad that I can’t remember the names of the Pokemons now, when before, I knew each and everyone of them, to the point that I even know who comes before who in their Pokemon Alphabet. I had the poster okay, so there was no reason for me not to know these Pokemons as well as I know my Alphabet.

Anyway, better get to back to thesis writing. Have I told you that in six weeks' time, I'd be free from all kinds of school work?

No comments: