Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Just Saying

I went home today from thesis to see this.


You see, I don’t usually come home until it’s already dark outside. I prefer staying in school, studying in the library or hanging out with my friends, but usually it’s the former more than the latter. Anyway, so this was actually the first time for me to see this. I don’t know but there’s something about this scene, this picture that made me feel warm and homey. For the three years that I’ve been living in this cramped up room in Katipunan, I’ve never thought of it as something I’d consider as my second home away from home. Sure, it’s comforting to know there’s this room I can always go to when I’m tired from the day’s work, a room where I can just let all the frustrations out without caring if anyone else hears me. It was more of an escape than a home. But today, I’ll indulge myself by saying that I felt this certain warmth when I went inside, a feeling that I can finally let down my guard and rest for a while.

Because of this, I figured I’d try something new. At least once a week, I’ll try to come home earlier, just in time to see this scene, the sun gently peering through my manila-paper-covered windows.

No comments: