Friday, December 26, 2008

live today

On the night before Christmas, I finished reading Love, Stargirl. And right now, I’m thinking of the proper way of telling the story without actually telling the story. I don’t want to be blamed for spoiling anyone, right? Let me just suffice myself by saying that Jerry Spinelli did an amazing job of ending the novel. It didn’t end the way I first thought it would, but he did something better, something more than I expected at least. Spinelli, in Stargirl’s point of view gave me hope, inspiration and well, love.

I want to be like Stargirl. I want to have the same optimism she never ran out of. I want to have the same sunshine she brings to everyone she meets. And more importantly, I want to be hopeful, of something or of someone. I want to look forward to each day knowing that something good will happen. I want to count my happy pebbles and hope that it gets filled with every happy moment I encounter. And of course, I want my Leo. But well, this one’s for later. :)

No comments: