Monday, December 27, 2010

Inked and Colored

One of the benefits of having a younger sister is that I always (or almost always) get to be her chaperone in a lot of things, like playing enedlessly at Timezone, staying at home to babysit (definitely the best perk for me!) and accompanying her to the nail salon. You see, whenever she likes something, she’ll always find a way to get it. Being the baby of the family, my little sister can pretty much get anything she wants, although not as easy all the time.

So tonight, we went to the recently opened Dainty Nail Lounge located near our house. We spent almost two hours getting both our nails done. It was nice to know that they don’t charge an extra fee for the more expensive nail polish like Orly since most of the nail salons I’ve been to in QC usually charge an extra 50 pesos for nail brand upgrade. What’s nicer is that Dainty actually has a selection of matte nail polish from Orly. I like how matte nail color looks on my nails, very clean without the shining shimmering gloss girls usually get. One major downfall however from this nail salon was the half-baked job the manicurist did to my nails. I am currently typing with my fingers with polished nails with excess color around my fingers. I could have probably done a better job, or at least a cleaner one.

Focus on my the pinky and the dirty finish. Awesome matte color though :)

As for my little sister, she was very pleased with the way her toe nails turned out. Violet base with yellow and orange flower nail stickers made her say that she had a good time at Dainty. Good for her then.

Orange Yellow Orange Yellow, all on violet base

During the day, we tried out my little sister’s new tattoo maker she bought from Paseo during Christmas. My brother had a unicorn and I had stars on my right arm. It made me think how awesome it could be to have a permanent tattoo. But then again, I thought of my commitment to be a future galloner (one who donates a total of one gallon of blood) for Philippine National Red Cross. I’d rather try to be a hero and save lives than to ink myself with stars and other cute things, like a watermelon. Oooh temptation! I’ll think about this dilemma some more.

What is left of my star tattoo. Those marked with red circles are supposed to be the stars that were inked on me for the whole days using my sister's magic tattoo maker.

And now, my tattoo pegs for your viewing plasure...

I really want this watermelon!


No comments: