Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Miracle!

It’s been a while since I last posted anything here. I guess I just didn’t want this site to be another dump where I can just type away the negative vibes that I’ve been feeling for the longest time. I have my friends, periodical facebook status messages, and my planner for that. I told myself, this blog is my happy place. This is where I write the things, the people, the experiences I am most happy about.

Last Wednesday was the one of the happiest days and nights of my life in college. It started out with Philosophy midterms (which I really didn’t spend much time on studying) and by 10 in the morning, I was on my Christmas break. I spent more than six hours of my day exploring Makati with two really good friends. Lunch at Bon Chon, Ayala Triangle Gardens followed by baby-sitting job with Angel as Mike did his Christmas shopping in Greenbelt. Ended the afternoon in The Collective, Malugay Street. I feel bad I wasn’t able to bring my camera to document my afternoon adventure in Makati. Anyway, that’s just half of the fun for this day.

To mark the end of our year and to be one with everyone in this season of Christmas, we had our Kythe Christmas Party at Casa Tio Cuison. (pictures to follow!) A few minutes after we got to Angel’s house, a friend told me NMAT results were out. Note: highlight of the night! With hands trembling, I typed in my application number as I tried to fight back my tears. Just so you know, I was nervous and was just thinking of the possibility of screwing this up again.

History: The main reason for my absence in the past weeks was the whole NMAT/medical school hurricane. I as just really really scared that I didn’t want to put into writing this fear of the unknown, this fear of not getting the only thing that I’ve been praying for for the longest time, this fear of letting go of something I really want.

Going back, I downloaded the PDF file and then, history happened.

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*

I’m sorry if posting this comes off as too proud. I guess, this will be one of the few things that I’d be proud of. Aside from Kythe, my extensive list of PopCap games, and my family of course.

I am thankful for this Christmas miracle that I actually get teary-eyed whenever I think about this mini achievement. I am thankful that God heard my prayers and has now brought me back on track. My future, if not certain, is sure.

And yes, happy days are here again.

1 comment:

rizelle said...

good job mia! love it!!!

if i cant be a doctor, at least one of my friends will. Go for the gold!

P.S wag na magtake-3 ah, hahaha! wag ma-Niall!