Sunday, September 19, 2010

Self-Date at Cibo

I had to shut myself from the rest of the world this afternoon and spent the day by going out with myself. Despite the pile of schoolwork that's waiting to be done (because I was too sick to do them yesterday), I felt the need to just take a breather. It's been a while since I last go on self-dates, mainly because school seemed more important than spending time with myself. But the recent events in my life called forth the need for an emergency date.

One thing you should know about me is that when life gets too stressful, I tend to binge. The only way for me to get out the stress is to eat, eat, and eat. It doesn't have to be expensive food; good ol' kanin with any viand will be just fine. But today I decided to splurge on food. I dined at Cibo in Gateway. I was actually deciding on whether I should eat there or not. Not because of the food, but because of the people who were there dining as well. I walked past Cibo just to check if it's crowded; three families dining wasn't so bad. And so I decided to enter; table for one please. Some of my friends aren't very comfortable dining alone, but it wasn't much of a biggie for me. I've been living and eating dinner alone for more than three years now, and one lunch out wasn't such a big deal. I dig into my food - potato chips with aioli and farfalle alla Genovese which is basically pasta with pesto, mushroom and cheese. Anyway, to cut things short, it was a pretty good meal and a pretty good day. If it weren't for this painful headache brought on by the scorching heat, everything would have been nice.

I think I need to go out on more self-dates, or dates in general. I miss hanging out with the people I love and having steady nights, nights that don't require too much, just plain, heartfelt conversations.

No comments: