Saturday, May 22, 2010

Journal Entry #13

As I close this summer semester with a good meal at Earle's in Ortigas (yes, I also go to the office once in a while), followed by a despedida party for a friend entering the seminary, and supposedly by drowning in good music while drinking... non-alcohol drinks *winks*, I realize it wasn't such a bad summer after all. During the start of the summer, I wished hard that this summer be one of the most memorable ones considering it will be my last summer as a college student. As soon as the second semester of last school year ended, I made a list in my mind of the things I want to for this summer. And judging from what I remember from that list, I don't think I achieved anything. Oh well, that's sad. But I think I did achieve things or do things I never imagined myself doing. Mmm let's see. So... awesome things I did this summer:

1. Worked for MEGA
2. Commuted to Manila area alone
3. Volunteered for OrSem
4. Tried to exercise
5. Had a lot of me time

I know they don't seem much, but for me, they really do. I guess, this summer's not really about how many beaches I've been to (but I do hope I can write something on this soon before summer ends) or about how much money I've earned from internship. To me, this summer was the time I focused on myself, on my needs, my strengths and weaknesses. This was the summer that I realized, got confused, and perhaps-rerealized what I want to do with my life. The re-realization is still an ongoing project, but that's okay! At least now, after my foundations have been shaken for a while, I'm trying my best to come out as a stronger person with a more determined goal for the future.

I can't say it has been the perfect summer of my college life, maybe last summer was better. Hahaha. But whatever, as Artie from Glee said, dreams aren't supposed to be easy. And perhaps, having the perfect summer is not very easy as making a list of things I want to do.

No comments: