Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rantatatat

On days before I leave the country, I don’t think I’ve experienced this much stress since the start of med school applications.

Thing is, this trip wasn’t planned as early as I hoped it would be. You can only imagine the stress this caused me – from finding a country, an agency, and the perfect package. And of course, things can’t go as planned all the freaking time. The first plan was to go to Vietnam because I don’t know, my dad saw this show on TLC and said it seemed like the perfect country for us. As it turns out, there’s really nothing to see on that part of Asia. Well, nothing tourist-y anyway. Second option was China, specifically the provinces Guangzhou and Guilin. I was all in for this one since I wouldn’t have to worry about our food and itinerary. But the gods and goddesses of adventure were not with us as the China tour cannot push through with only three people in the group, my brother, my sister and me. Sobra na sa stress, but finally, we settled for Singapore. Since my brother hasn’t gone to Singapore and it’s been centuries since we last went there, it was decided that we’ll be going here. Secretly, I wanted to go to Guam and try out its beaches. Maybe next year…

But booking the flight and the hotel did not mean the end of my stress. I don’t know, but I feel like I have so much unnecessary stress inside of me right now that I feel too stressed. You know what I mean? Parang yes, this can be stressful, but I attack it in such a negative and even more stressful way making the matter even more stressful. But what exactly is it that I’m stressing about? =))

To be honest, it’s not just the trip, but whatever’s been happening lately. For one, I just went to Manila today to fix enrolment for med school. I am rapidly hating the attitude of the school personnel. Seriously, the secretary from the Psych department in Ateneo was a whole lot nicer and more polite than the faculty personnel from UST’s different offices. And I for one think that I’m not the only who thinks this way. I just don’t get why they have to act that way not to me specifically, but to other unknowing people asking of their assistance.

And then there’s that issue of giving me the cold shoulder. (Why am I getting a lot of this treatment this week?) So to you, whom I wish not to elaborate the name of, what is up with you? I’m supposed to be done writing about my emotions and people I feel strongly for, but the good Lord knows this isn’t normal. On the other hand, I know this is something I should get used to soon since it’s bound to happen anyway.

But most of all, I’m just really worried that this trip won’t be super fun. I realize that there’s a reason my dad always gets us the tour packages so we wouldn’t have to worry where to go and how to get there. I’m really scared of getting lost and not finding our way back. This sounds ridiculous for a country that can be traveled
from north to south in an hour! Aaaah! Wish me luck and pray i know my left and right perfectly.

Kay fine, this is where it ends.

No comments: