Thursday, July 24, 2008

defective hippocampus

I just realized that I left my PE bag along with my slippers and vanity kit inside my locker. How can I possibly forget? Hmm, lemme see.

***

I woke up today before 6AM, that’s 3 and a half hours of sleep to you. I actually can’t remember if I fell asleep at 11PM or 1AM, all I know is there’s a number “one” in my digital clock when I took a last look of the time before lying down on my bed. For the past weeks, I haven’t been very good with managing my time that I end up sleeping really really late then waking up 3 or 4 hours later, primarily because of crammed lab reports, readings, notes and other non-academic activities. I miss my 8 hours of sleep. :-<

The weather’s like chemistry lab, it’s just two units, but then this petty two-unit subject ends up frustrating you and subconsciously forces you to focus on it instead of the more important subjects. I mean, the weather’s there. You actually can’t do anything about it, but still you try not minding until you end up getting angry ‘cause it’s just too hot and irritating not to think about the sticky feeling you get from the weather.

Pain is important, so says my physiology professor who by the way is a professor and at the same an anesthesiologist. Have I mentioned this before already? I just find it very philosophical, to think it’s coming from a class which enjoys talking about the names of cranial nerves and the muscles in the hand. My prof said, pain must be present because if not, we would not know which are the parts that need to be fixed, or to be healed for that matter.

No comments: