Thursday, March 15, 2007

reasoning for an answer

I spent the whole day at our store, giving change, counting bills, answering phone calls and questioning myself. I was alone for about 60% of the day, thinking about questions that cannot give me any answers.

Why do some parents choose to work for so long instead of watching their child grow from a baby to a preteen?

How can a simple nursery song make moms cry?

How can I have unnoticed how much my sister has grown?

Can people in religious orders be as corrupt as politicians?

Why do people keep on working even if they don’t have any reason to work hard for?

Why are there people who choose to live a life making other people’s lives miserable?

How come my aunt wouldn’t stop talking about my college and how costly ateneo is?

Does jealousy kill? :D

How come ice drops are named as such?

How can something dirty taste so good when you eat it?

Why does an ensaymada have to shape like a twisted bun? (Guess now you know what I had for merienda.)

Are fathers supposed to be meaner than moms?

Am I being stereotypic when I say dads are more powerful than moms?

Does going to college mean moving out? (Cause that’s how I feel ;p)

Why am I afraid of college? Am I alone with this thought?

Does college promise freedom?

How far does one have to go in order to find happiness and true love?

Is it really true that love knows no boundaries, even if loving means breaking another’s heart?

Is falling in love without knowing what for reasonable?

Why do people tend to fall easily?

How can a simple ‘hi’ make one fall?

Why hasn’t phone beeped all day? (Fishing question ;p)

How can people be so insensitive? (Read: no longer related to preceding question)

What will become of me after college?

Will I be a doctor?

What’s for dinner?

Will he go online tonight?


Why ask questions even we can’t answer?

Man seeks for answers for questions he does not know. We tend to look for answers when in fact there aren’t any. We go off searching endlessly, yet go back defeated without an answer. Sometimes, we just have to let it go. Not all questions are meant to answered nor understood. They are just like that. And you don’t have to waste your time looking for answers. Life has a funny way of playing with us. It gives a mind that thinks and asks, and a heart that understands and answers. The mind keeps questioning, while our heart responds. That’s just the way it goes. And we don’t have to look for reasons why it happens.
Heart has reasons that reason cannot know.

No comments: